Sunday, April 13, 2008

Overflowing bookshelf

On Friday night, after an evening of shopping for my new nephew, I somehow found my car driving itself to Half Price Books. Though I had decided not to buy any more books until there was open space on my TBR shelf, I rationalized that I needed to buy a few books for the challenges I just joined. On my way to find the books I specifically was looking for, several others started calling my name and I just HAD to buy them too! So including the book on its way from Amazon that I purchased a few days ago, and the book I won in Literary Feline's book giveaway, the following is a list of the books I added/will be adding to my overflowing shelf this week:

Tending Roses--Lisa Wingate
Blue Like Jazz--Donald Miller
The Winter of our Discontent--John Steinbeck
Tortilla Flat--John Steinbeck
The Known World--Edward P. Jones
The Inheritance of Loss--Kiran Desai
The Devil in the White City--Erik Larson

3 Comments:

Literary Feline said...

I have a theory about bookstores. They each have a giant magnet that draws our cars right to their parking lots. And since we are there, we might as well for in and do a little book shopping, right?

Looks like you have some great reading ahead of you, Laura!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh, The Inheritance of Loss is on my wishlist also. And I wish I had known about The Known World--Joy is giving away her copy...

Ha ha--soon you'll be needing a new bookshelf! It's hard to go into HPB without getting anything.

Maw Books said...

Isn't it funny how the car just drives itself? I'll tell my husband I'm going out for a carton of milk and before I know it I'm at the secondhand store standing in front of the books. How did I get there?