Monday, May 5, 2008

A baby and a meme



I just returned home from a 4 day weekend in Colorado. My older sister recently had an extremely cute little boy, so I decided it was high time to visit and spoil my nephew. He was born 7 weeks early, but he is doing well and growing fast. Though I was sad to leave this morning, when I logged on to my Google Reader after my flight back to Texas and saw that there were over 100 blogs to read, and several interesting challenges to join, the clouds lifted a bit. People were busy this weekend! I subscribe to about 30 blogs, so the fact that there were over 100 blogs means what...over 3 blogs a person in 4 days! May must be a good month for reading and reflecting!

On a different note, thisredheadreads tagged me for the Six Things About Me meme, so here we go:
1. As mentioned above, I have the cutest nephew ever (see picture above), and even though my husband and I do not yet have children, seeing him made me kinda want one.
2. I call my husband and cat by the same nickname. My husband also calls me by the same nickname. I'm not sure why or how that got started.
3. I'm a lefty--but only for certain tasks. Writing, eating and brushing my teeth are all done with my left hand. Using scissors, serving a volleyball, and anything else sports related is done with my right hand.
4. My Mom used to read to me and my siblings when we were growing up, and ever since the Little House on the Prairie series, I've been deathly afraid of wolves--even now.
5. I have lived in Texas my entire life. Yee haw!
6. I changed my major three times in college--from business to pre-pharmacy to English lit. I just have a general interest in so many different areas!
I was going to add the challenges I'm joining, but I need some more time to organize my options, so more on that later!

2 Comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

What a cutie!! I'm curious about the mutual nickname everyone has...

Anna said...

i'm having fun with my blog. it is addicting i'd like to subscribe to your blog...how do u do that? also, i'm almost done with the book i'm reading noe...what do u recommend for me next?