Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yikes...one more!

Debi of Journey to the End of the TBR Pile is hosting a fun challenge that I could not resist--The Chick Lit Challenge.



The rules:

Read at least 3 chick lit books. (Chick lit - as defined by Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_lit)Tell us what you thought of what you read.Dates for this challenge are June 1 to September 1.Books can overlap with other challenges. Your list can change as needed. I will also leave it to your discretion as to whether a book is considered chick lit or not.



Since I have a month before this starts, and I don't read very much chick lit, I want to gather some recommendations before I make my list. I've seen some good reviews over the past month, so I'll just have to pick 3 interesting/fun ones.

3 Comments:

Katherine said...

I'd recommend anything by Sophie Kinsella. Jennifer Weiner's books tend to be a bit heavier. For nonfiction, try Jen Lancaster. Other books I recommend are Lauren Weisberger's The Devil Wears Prada and Bridget Jones's Diary (a classic).

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I was thinking about this and I have another of Fielding's books that was a light read. While I didn't like the lead character as much as Bridget (who is my hero), and the plot was sometimes far-fetched, it was still a fun read--called Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination. I have another of her books, Celeb Cause, but I don't know what it is about.

Becca said...

I'm not a huge fan of chick lit (in fact I normally avoid it at all costs), yet I'd recommend ALL of Sophie Kinsella's books. For starters you can go with "Can You Keep a Secret?" and "Shopaholic." Kinsella's books are laugh-out-loud funny AND not quite as anti-feminism as some of the other chick lit books I've read. Oh, and "The Undomestic Goddess" is another great read by Kinsella.