Sunday, April 19, 2009

RAT: Hour 24 and End of the Event Meme

It is now 6:20, and I'm not going to start a new book. I'll do the survey, see if anyone else is still awake, then go to bed myself! This has been a GREAT read-a-thon! Thank you to the hostesses and cheerleaders!! Now I just have to get caught up writing the reviews for all 5 books I finished.

These are my final numbers:
Total number of pages: 1050
Amount that will be donated to FirstBook: $52.50
Total time spent reading: 860 minutes
Total time spent blogging: 375 minutes

************************************************************************************
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? probably 18 and 19
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Stardust was a good choice. The Glass Castle would be a good one as well.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? having a list of mini-challenge ahead of time would be helpful
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The 3 hostess did SUCH a great job organizing the entire event!
5. How many books did you read? 5--but I had already read about 1/3 of the first book
6. What were the names of the books you read? My Antonia, Matrimony, Fire in the Blood, The Uncommon Reader, Stardust
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Stardust
8. Which did you enjoy least? Fire in the Blood
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would definitely participate in the read-a-thon as a reader again!

22 Comments:

Bybee said...

I agree about The Glass Castle.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The Glass Castle would have been a really good one. I think my numbers are off but I'm too tired to figure it all out. :( Our page numbers and blogging time are really close!

Yay for staying up the whole time!!

Eva said...

Congrats! You did great!

Alaine said...

Congratulations on finishing! Fantastic job and enjoy your sleep!

1morechapter said...

Great job!

My daunting hours were between 16 and 19 -- I took a nap!

Maree said...

I agree _ Stardust is a good readathon book.
Well done!!! :)

Anna said...

Great job! I slept from 12-5:30 am. I tried to hold out, but I just couldn't.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Lisa said...

Yay! you made it!!!

Darlene said...

Congrats on staying up for the whole time. I knew you'd make it! Awesome job on your reading too.

Wendy said...

Great job and congratulations - your stats are terrific! I can see where a Nemirovsky novel might be hard to read during this event (even though that is a slim book).

Linda said...

Congrats on a great R-A-T!

Ana S. said...

Laura!! You were awesome! Well done :D

Beth F said...

Good job!

Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing! That is fantastic, and your stats are impressive!

Maw Books said...

I've had The Glass Castle on my TBR list for I don't know how long! Congrats on a sucessful readathon!

Anonymous said...

Your stats are really good, glad you had a great read-a-thon!

Tiffany Norris said...

Good grief! I'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Great accomplishment in all that you read. This was my first time participating, but I would agree that the hostess did an amazing job!

Krystal A. said...

Awesome job! Props to you for putting My Antonia on your list - sounds like a hard one. Thanks for letting me tag along as cheerleader. I had a blast!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

I loved My Antonia! It was more just beautiful than captivating though.

I am having a hard time wanting to get back into reading, since the read-a-thon. Huh, I don't get why!?! HA.

You did such a great job and I can't wait to see what you thought of the books you read. Congrats on all that $$ you are giving to your charity.

claire said...

Congratulations on finishing! You've got a wonderful set of books there. I really enjoyed Stardust, too, and you did right by picking it for the read-a-thon, it's perfect for the pace and circumstance. Fire in the Blood is on my TBR pile and I'll see if I like it any better than you. :D

David James said...

Apna Showroom Baby Skirt Frock Dress for 6-12 Months - 1 Year Dress skirts frock girls Black
ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
Apna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5 (zigzag_hair_band Metal
Apna Showroom Women's Nylon Underskirt Pantyhose Stockings for women or girls free size black stockings
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 stockings
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 Net stockings for women
fish net stockings for women black net stockings for girls women fishnet stocking for woman female girls free size black net stockings for women apna showroom