Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hour 16

I am posting after only one hour instead of my normal 2 hour posts for 2 reasons: 1. I'm having a hard time sitting still and 2. I want my posts to be ending on an even numbered hour. Does that make me weird? Maybe I'm just getting loopy! Hubby just went to bed, and even though I'm not very tired (yet), the soft bed does sound a bit inviting. Eight more hours sounds like a long time right now, but the first part went by so quickly, I'm thinking the last part will too!

My book is making me highly uncomfortable right now. I've blushed more than once, and I'm sitting in the living room all by myself. Why am I still reading it? Because I'm halfway through now, and I am able to read so quickly that I want to feel that nice sense of accomplishment when I'm finished. I have a feeling the uncomfortablness (I don't think that's a word) is going to get worse though.

Total number of pages: 559
Total time spent reading: 569 minutes (about 9.5 hours)
Number of books completed: 2
Number of mini-challenges entered: 3--freerice, Walkin' and Snappin' and Library Cat Challenge:

4 Comments:

Ana S. said...

Nope, doesn't make you weird at all!

Unknown said...

If the book gets too embarrassing and you need a change of pace, I have a short story challenge up at my blog.

http://www.readywhenyouarecb.blogspot.com/

I was late posting it so the deadline is not until the end of the read-a-thon.

Please stop by if you can.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Totally not weird--that's why I've been doing it. And I don't want to have to do two updates in the last two hours. :P I'm trying to keep a schedule going. Of course, you know how weird I can be about stuff like that...

I totally know what you mean about getting restless and wanting the nice comfortable bed. I made the mistake of making a brief visit to the bedroom and I really didn't want to get out of bed... But Scott's watching Crusoe and that makes me want to throw up (hated the book). TMI, I know.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Of course I just noticed that I posted update 17&17. Geez...