Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 10 & 11

Since I am not at home this weekend, I don't have the cozy companianship of my cat, Pumpkin, while I read. This is a picture of her last Thanksgiving. Her eyes look a bit scary, but most of the pictures of her have scary eyes!

I'm still reading The Scarlet Pimpernel, and I should finish it pretty soon. Hubby just got back from work, so I might take a few hours off to hang out with him, get dinner, etc. However, he is watching football right now, so maybe I can sneak in a little reading!

In the last 2 hours, I read 80 pages in 81 minutes. I did go on a short walk, which was very refreshing, and I just went outside again for a little while to participate in the mini-challenge at Page after Page. This is a picture of the golf course that hubby's apartment overlooks. The sun is just starting to go down, so I am hoping to experience a pretty sunset soon!




Total pages read: 375
Total time spent reading: 413
Books completed: 1
Mini-challenges entered: 2 (freerice) and Walkin' and Snappin'

6 Comments:

Darlene said...

That pic looks awesome Laura-hope you get to spend some time with hubby in between reading.

I love the pic of Pumpkin. She's beautiful-I love her coloring.

Kim said...

I love the pictures-of the cat and the golf course! Thanks for playing along with my challenge and happy reading to you! (I am so jealous I didn't get to read all day!) :)
*smiles*
Kim

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Pumpkin looks so cute!! And 80 pages in 81 minutes! See--I told you that you would be reading faster then you think you would.

Enjoy dinner!

Ana S. said...

Pumpkin looks adorable! And that's an awesome name for a cat. I'm glad you enjoyed your walk, Laura. You're doing great so far!

Wendy said...

81 pages in 80 minutes?!?!? WOW that is great! I love your photos :)

Maree said...

Gorgeous cat _ I love torties :)
Keep up the great work! :)