Sunday, October 19, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 17 &18

So I just finished the most un-me book I've read in a long time. It wasn't all bad, but not a book I would ever pick up on my own, or recommend to anyone else to read. Now, I'm left with two books. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck or The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. If I read Cannery Row now, I'll probably still have time to start The Historian before the read-a-thon is over. However, if I read The Historian now, then I can join in Carl's mini-challenge. Hmmm...what should I do?

In the last 2 hours, I read 138 pages in 85 minutes (thanks to reading YA lit), bringing my totals to:
Total number of pages: 697
Total time spent reading: 654 minutes (almost 11)
Number of books completed: 3
Number of mini-challenges entered: 3--freerice, Walkin' and Snappin' and Library Cat Challenge:

1 Comment:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Eeeks! That is a dilemma. Carl's pot is pretty sweet! I'm about to start my RIP book (even though I know the chances of me winning are slim slim slim).

Maybe read The Historian for an hour (the minimum required) and then finish off with Cannery Row.