Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 12 & 13



I can't believe the half-way mark has already passed! I'm posting a little early, as I just finished a book, and am about to go to dinner. I missed the window to be entered for the drawing for the survey, but it's still fun to participate!

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished The Scarlet Pimpernel, I think I'll start Anatomy of a Boyfriend next
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? probably The Historian--if I am awake enough to comprehend what I'm reading
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? nope! My hubby had to work all day, so it was easy. This evening will be a little more difficult to read/blog.
5. Have you had many interruptions? a few--lunch and football How did you deal with those? I enjoyed them!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The time is FLYING by! I am handling sitting and laying down for hours on end way better than I thought!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Everything is very well organized. It might ruin the surprise, but it would be nice to see a list of mini-challenges and what times they will be held before the read-a-thon begins. That way, I could plan ahead better about when I'm going to get online.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I think I would prefer to be at my own house, and maybe make a more detailed spreadsheet.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not yet, but it is only 7:45 pm here right now. I am ready to get out of the apartment for a little while.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I don't think so, but going outside every once in a while sure is nice, even if it is just for a minute or two.

Since my last post, I read 67 pages in 63 minutes. It is funny how I read much faster at the middle and end of the book than at the beginning. I almost put the book down at first because it seemed slow. As things started happening in the book--I read faster and faster!

Total pages read: 442

Total time spent reading: 476 minutes (almost 8 hours)

Books completed: 2

Mini-challenges entered: 2 (freerice) and Walkin' and Snappin'

5 Comments:

Darlene said...

You are doing so good Laura. So you're almost done 3 books today-that's so awesome. I'd really like to dig into The Historian one day. Keep it going.

CJ said...

Way to go, Laura!

Once you get into The Historian, it will keep you awake!

Congrats on doing so well. I really wish I'd been able to take part but I just got home from visiting with my own Laura...

cjh

Ana S. said...

Time sure is flying by! I hope you had a great dinner, Laura. You're doing great so far!

Marg said...

Oh, The Scarlet Pimpernel is a great readathon choice. Lots of fun!


You are doing great so far! Keep it up.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

After doing a few hours worth I realized how silly I was for just including the times!! I definitely think we need a column for time spent blogging and doing other stuff.