Sunday, October 19, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 21 & 22

The sun hasn't started to rise yet, but I'm thinking it will pretty soon as it is 5 am here in San Antonio, TX (the above picture was found here). My reading has slowed down dramatically. I find that I am having to read the same paragraphs multiple times to try to comprehend. I really don't feel super tired, but I am tired of reading. I think I'm going to try to read a short story or two for this mini-challenge. Normally, I don't really like reading stories or books on the computer, but I need a change of pace!

In the last 2 hour period, I read 59 pages in 77 minutes, bringing my totals to:
Total number of pages read: 823
Total time spent reading: 810 minutes (13.5 hours)
Number of books completed: 3
Number of mini-challenges entered: 4--freerice, Walkin' and Snappin' and Library Cat Challenge, Carl's RIP challenge

5 Comments:

jessi said...

You're doing a great job! Keep it up - we're almost finished! :)

Ana S. said...

Yes, you are doing great, Laura!

Fyrefly said...

Hopefully the last few hours went well - and even if not, I'm still impressed! Great job!

Darlene said...

You have done so awesome Laura! 22 hrs, I never could have done that. I'm so proud of all you gals for going this long.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Awesome awesome job! By 3:30 my comprehension was totally shot and I was falling asleep while reading. I'm off to read your final thoughts now!