Sunday, October 19, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 19 & 20

(This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the read-a-thon. It just seems like a good random picture to post!)

With only 4 hours left, I can't decide what to do. I started reading The Historian, and after 55 pages, I had to put it down because the story was getting a little too scary. So, I began reading Cannery Row. I am now 13 pages into it, and I realize that this is not a good book to be reading at 3 am, when I have been reading for 20 hours. I had to re-read pretty much every paragraph! This is exactly what I was worried about! If I was at home, I would have lots of other books to choose from. I guess after taking a little break to update and blog, I'll try both books again. If neither of them work out, I may have to call it quits a few hours early. We'll see...


Total number of pages: 764

Total time spent reading: 733 minutes (12.22 hours)

Number of books completed: 3

Number of mini-challenges entered: 3--freerice, Walkin' and Snappin' and Library Cat Challenge

2 Comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm going to finish Coraline (about 60 pages left) and then call it quits. I keep falling asleep! And the book isn't really scary (creepy, though), but the pictures are. Like eye popping out scary. I have to cover the page with my hand (no, I am not joking).

I'm sorry the last two books aren't working as well!! I think at this point there really isn't anything that works well...?

alisonwonderland said...

you've read a lot! good job!