Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon update: hours 8 & 9

What a cute mouse, huh? I just finished a llloooong span of reading The Scarlet Pimpernel. This book is taking a little longer to read than I expected, but I am enjoying it. I can't believe the read-a-thon is already more than 1/3 of the way over! In case you are wondering, the Texas Tech Red Raiders won, bringing their overall record to 7-0! Woo hoo!

I am starting to feel a little restless in the apartment, so I think I'll take a little walk. It is sunny and 84 degrees, so the fresh air will feel nice! After my giant lunch of a Freebirds burrito, chips, queso and a diet coke, I think I NEED to take a walk to burn off a few calories!

In the last 2 hours, I read for 95 minutes and 63 pages, bringing my totals to:
Total pages read: 295
Total time spent reading: 332 minutes (about 5 1/2 hours)
Books completed: 1
Mini-challenges entered: 1 (freerice)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder what the mouse is reading? Maybe a little Beatrix Potter?

Ana S. said...

Enjoy your walk, Laura!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I hope that SP gets a little better!! (or quicker). I'm glad you're liking it anyway. Anne is slow as well but that's OK...

Enjoy the walk--the weather is gorgeous, huh?

And yay for Tech--they are doing amazing this year!

Darlene said...

Enjoy your walk-it'll refresh you and you'll be able to get back to reading. It's cool here today but not too bad. It's clouding up now, that snow might come yet.

Jeanette said...

I am feeling tired. Maybe I should go take a walk too!